keskiviikko 15. maaliskuuta 2017

Sun and Piña Colada

Long time no see. Well, that´s life.

I had a break from work in February and travelled to Tenerife. I stayed in Gran Meliá Palacio de Isora, which is a true luxury resort. I had never booked an all inclusive package tour in a five star hotel ( four and a half actually, according to TripAdvisor ) before. After my first experience I would definitely do that again when the main intention is to spend a carefree holiday just enjoying the sun and lazy mornings.

My holiday consisted mainly swimming, sun bathing, reading, sleeping, eating, jogging and exploring Tenerife. Did I mention eating? ;) One of the best activities was a trip to Teide. I have been in the area once before, but this time I took a cable car almost to the top. The view was simply amazing. While temperature at the resort was around +25, in Teide it was around 0. Quite a gap, don´t you think?


On my way I stopped the car (from which the picture above is taken as well). The silence was indescribable. I could have stayed there for hours just clearing my head from all my thoughts, enjoying the silence and brisk air. That kind of calmness I want to experience again - soon please!

Highway back to the pool.

Renting a car is a great way to discover Tenerife. Besides Teide, I visited Playa de las Americas (not for long - didn´t enjoy the hustle and bustle there), Puerto de la Cruz and Los Gigantes. I have been to Puerto de la Cruz around 15 years ago, and boy did it feel small this time! It was nice to visit there though - I liked the urban atmosphere after spending days in the resort.

Not that I didn´t enjoy the resort - who can say no to this kind of sunset view???


I could easily have stayed there for another week, maybe even more. I already miss morning walks by the sea, delicious breakfast and swimming in the most enormous sea water pool I have ever seen. Maybe someday I will go back.

Ps. A strong recommendation for a restaurant nearby the resort: Sauco. I have to say their food was even better than in the hotel, so I had at least three lunches/dinners there during the week...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti